Course code(s): VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
Category: Vtct sports massage level 3
Part-time / Full-time: Part Time
Prerequisites: All learners will undertake the VTCT Level (ITEC) 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) relevant to their qualification. For more information click here
Kit: (Not included) Material will be provided
Model : Required (check while booking)
Who is this qualification for?
The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy is a technical level qualification aimed at developing the knowledge, understanding and technical skills needed for a career as a Sports Massage Therapist, either employed or self employed. This qualification has been specifically designed for the 16-19 and 19 plus age group and is based on the the national occupational standards for massage, namely CNH1, CNH7 and CNH20.
This qualification was developed collaboratively with the following organisations; Active IQ, Central YMCA Qualifications, CIBTAC, ITEC and VTCT with input from the industry through the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and the General Council for Massage Therapies (GCMT).
What does this qualification cover?
The content of this qualification is comprised of all the required elements needed to work effectively and efficiently as a sports massage therapist. This includes anatomy and physiology, professional practice, an understanding of the principles of health and fitness and how to provide sports massage treatments. The level 3 sports massage therapist will be able to work safely and effectively on dysfunctional tissue in a range of context, to include, pre-event, post event, intra-event and for maintenance purposes.
The structure of the qualification is comprised of 5 units which are all mandatory.
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage – USP41 – Unit ref: J/506/7220
- Principles of health and fitness – USP42 – Unit ref: R/506/7222
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction – USP43 – Unit ref: Y/506/7223
- Professional practice in sports massage – USP44 – Unit ref: D/506/7224
- Sports massage treatments – USP45 – Unit ref: T/506/7228
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners who complete this qualification will be able to gain employment and obtain insurance to work
as a sports massage therapist.
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Sports massage therapy
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (Gym-based exercise)
This qualification will be delivered, assessed and assured in line with the:
- CNHC code of conduct, ethics and performance
- Skills for Health’s QCF assessment principles
- VTCT assessment guidance and evidence requirements
- Skills for Health
- General council for massage therapy
Duration: 3 months
Qualification Requirements and Installment Plan
As on a fast track training programme student is required to complete home study assignments and it is essential to work on clients in a realistic salon environment. While you are on VTCT training with us we do offer volunteer work experience for students to gain professional competency.(terms and conditions apply)
However, full payment must be received before completion of the course.