|Course code(s)||VTCT Makeup Level 3|
|Category||VTCT Hair & Beauty Courses|
|Part-time / Full-time||Part Time|
- You are required to have a previous Level 2 VTCT qualification in Make-up.
- All learners will undertake the VTCT Level (ITEC) 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) relevant to their qualification. For more information click here
|Introduction||This course provides excellent training in professional make-up skills up to bridal and ‘special occasion’ level and leads to industry recognised qualifications. This course is ideal for:|
- Those wishing to work freelance doing bridal make-overs
- Those wishing to work in a retail environment, selling make-up, advising on skincare and make-up
- Those wishing to start a career in professional make-up and want to see if (a) they like it and (b) they are talented enough to pursue such a career
- Those wishing to progress on to more advanced make-up course and need a foundation to start from
|What will I learn?||Units you will study include:|
- Media makeup (special effects)
- Camouflage makeup
- Fashion and photographic makeup
- Apply prosthetic makeup
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Style and fit postiche (facial hair and hairpieces)
- Apply airbrush makeup to the face
- Style and dress hair using a variety of techniques
- Monitor and maintain health and safety in the salon
- Body painting
- How to fit and look after wigs
Equipment and resources
You will need to purchase a uniform, cosmetic makeup kit, theatrical makeup kit and eye treatments kit. You will also need access to your own camera and be responsible for developing/printing photographs as evidence for your portfolio. Full details will be provided on enrolment.
Progression and career opportunities
On successful completion you will be qualified to work as a makeup artist in industries like television, theatre, salons and cosmetic companies. Many makeup artists are self-employed and have the opportunity to apply their skills to other events like weddings.
|Qualification Requirements||As on a fast track training programme student is required to complete home study assignments and it is essential to work on clients in a realistic salon environment. While you are on VTCT training with us we do offer volunteer work experience for students to gain professional competency.|
|Installment Plan|| |
Unlike other institutes we offer completely interest free instalment plan, there is only one payable fee which can be spread into monthly instalments. Minimum 25% deposit required to hold your place.
However, full payment must be received before completion of the course.