Course code(s): Qualifi Level 3 Certificate in Massage
Category: Qualifi Hair & Beauty Courses
Part-time / Full-time: Part Time
Kit: (Not included) Material will be provided
Model : Required (check while booking)
To achieve this qualification a learner must successfully complete ten units, all eight mandatory units, and at least one unit from the optional section:
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology
- Implement health, safety, and hygiene
- Client consultation and profiling
- Holistic head, neck and shoulder massage
- Thermal therapy massage
- Body Massage
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology – learners will gain knowledge of the; structure and function of the body systems and their interdependence on each other, the relative and absolute contraindications and related pathologies.
- Implement health, safety, and hygiene – learners will be able to implement their advanced knowledge and understanding of health, safety, and hygiene practices through research of legislation, policies, and procedures. The learner will analyse and review policies and procedures for refinement when
implementing health, safety and hygiene for the salon, self, and clients for services/treatments.
- Client consultation and profiling – underpins all the practical technical units within the qualification.
Learners will be able to conduct a concise consultation to develop and create client lifestyle profiles from which wellbeing experiences and holistic therapy treatment plans can be produced and tailored to meet the individual needs of clients, to achieve the desired wellbeing and holistic outcome/s.
- Holistic head, neck and shoulder massage – based on the principles of traditional Indian Head Massage, learners will gain the skills and knowledge to provide holistic scalp, face, neck, décolleté and upper shoulder massage treatments adapted to client’s needs.
- Thermal therapy massage – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to provide body massage treatments using thermal therapy equipment including handheld tools or preparations that emit temperature and require heating or cooling prior to treatment.
- Body massage – learners will develop the knowledge and skills to perform fundamental Swedish style body massage. They will learn the benefits and effects of massage, the massage techniques including effleurage, petrissage, tapotement, frictions and vibrations and the importance of adapting the massage rhythm, speed and pressure to suit client’s comfort, satisfaction and for the desired outcome.
What do I need to bring with me to the course?
You don’t need to bring anything – we will provide all of your training equipment for you. You can buy the full range of products used on your course for each treatment from subscribed seller.
We ask that you wear a therapist tunic to your courses.
Duration: 20 weeks
Qualification Requirements: As on a fast track training programme student is required to complete home study assignments and it is essential to work on clients in a realistic salon environment. While you are on Qualifi training with us we do offer volunteer work experience for students to gain professional competency.
Unlike other institutes we offer completely interest free instalment plan, there is only one payable fee which can be spread into monthly instalments. Minimum 25% deposit required to hold your place.
However, full payment must be received before completion of the course.
I have publish a book on Amazon. Go check it out!