Course code(s): Qualifi Level 5 & 7 Certificate in Aesthetic Practice
Category: Qualifi Hair & Beauty Courses
Part-time / Full-time: Part Time
Kit: (Not included) Material will be provided
Model : Required (check while booking)
Prerequisites: Level 2 Beauty Therapy
These practical and knowledge-based qualifications have been developed to enable Beauty Therapists to advance their occupational skills and competences through the acquisition of higher level techniques. The purpose is improved employability by increasing the range of treatments that can be provided, in particular: consultation and profiling, body massage, facial electrotherapy, body electrotherapy, epilation, lash lifting and brow lamination, advanced lash extensions and intimate waxing. The qualifications will enable beauty therapists to gain confidence in practice while gathering evidence in a realistic working environment.
The rationale for the Diploma and Certificates is to provide recognition for those who wish to gain the necessary occupational skills to gain employment within the beauty and spa industries. The Qualifi Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy and associated Certificates are suitable for those progressing from a Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification or from the Level 2 Beauty Therapist apprenticeship.
To achieve this qualification a learner must successfully complete nine units, all eight mandatory units, and at least one unit from the optional section:
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology
- Implement health, safety, and hygiene
- Client consultation and profiling
- Body Massage
- Facial electrotherapy
- Body electrotherapy
- Lash lifting and brow lamination
- Advanced semi-permanent lash extensions
- Intimate waxing
- Holistic head, neck and shoulder massage
- Thermal therapy massage
- Wellbeing and holistic therapy
- Advise on products and services
- Promotional activities
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology – learners will gain knowledge of the; structure and function of the body systems and their interdependence on each other, the relative and absolute contraindications and related pathologies.
- Implement health, safety, and hygiene – learners will be able to implement their advanced knowledge and understanding of health, safety, and hygiene practices through research of legislation, policies, and procedures. The learner will analyse and review policies and procedures for refinement when implementing health, safety and hygiene for the salon, self, and clients for services/treatments.
- Client consultation and profiling – underpins all the practical technical units within the qualification. Learners will be able to conduct a concise consultation to develop and create client lifestyle profiles from which wellbeing experiences and holistic therapy treatment plans can be produced and tailored to meet the individual needs of clients, to achieve the desired wellbeing and holistic outcome/s.
- Body massage – learners will develop the knowledge and skills to perform fundamental Swedish style body massage. They will learn the benefits and effects of massage, the massage techniques including effleurage, petrissage, tapotement, frictions and vibrations and the importance of adapting the massage rhythm, speed and pressure to suit client’s comfort, satisfaction and for the desired outcome.
- Facial electrotherapy – learners will be able to provide facial electrical therapy treatments using the following technologies, Galvanic, Micro current, Microdermabrasion, low intensity LED light (below 500mW), Skin warming devices, Radiofrequency/High-frequency (3KHz – 300GHz), Lymphatic drainage equipment and Ultrasonic to improve and maintain skin condition.
- Body electrotherapy – learners will be able to provide body electrical therapy treatments using the following technologies, Electrical Muscle Stimulation, Galvanic, Micro current, Microdermabrasion, low intensity LED light (below 500mW), Skin warming devices, Radiofrequency/High-frequency (3KHz – 300GHz), Lymphatic drainage equipment and Ultrasonic to improve and maintain skin and body condition.
- Lash lifting and brow lamination – learners will be able to provide semi-permanent eyelash lifting and brow lamination treatments changing the structure of the lashes and brows using chemical lifting and fixing and safely reverse the effects of eyelash lifting solutions on over-lifted lashes.
- Advanced semi-permanent lash extensions – learners will be able to apply semi-permanent individual eyelash extensions, create and apply Russian eyelash extensions and be able to maintain lash extensions and remove lash extensions from the natural lashes.
- Epilation – learners will be able to provide safe removal of unwanted hair using galvanic, shortwave diathermy and blend electrical epilation techniques.
- Intimate waxing – learners will be able to provide intimate waxing treatments using advanced waxing techniques to remove unwanted hair safely and effectively from intimate regions.
- Holistic head, neck and shoulder massage – based on the principles of traditional Indian Head Massage, learners will gain the skills and knowledge to provide holistic scalp, face, neck, décolleté and upper shoulder massage treatments adapted to client’s needs.
- Thermal therapy massage – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to provide body massage treatments using thermal therapy equipment including handheld tools or preparations that emit temperature and require heating or cooling prior to treatment.
- Wellbeing and holistic therapy – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to provide individualised wellbeing and holistic therapy treatments blending essential oils to create the therapeutic experiences and treatments.
- Advise on products and services – learners will gain the knowledge and skills on how to promote, advise and instruct on products and services, for client loyalty and satisfaction and to contribute to business success.
- Promotional activities – Learners will gain knowledge and skills about planning, implementing and evaluating promotional activities including presentations, exhibitions, digital technologies and social media platforms. The ability to competently present information and interact with the public whilst demonstrating skills is a particularly important aspect of this unit. Learners will need to ensure that their practices reflect up-to-date information, policies, procedures and best practice guidance.
What do I need to bring with me to the course?
You don’t need to bring anything – we will provide all of your training equipment for you. You can buy the full range of products used on your course for each treatment from subscribed seller.
We ask that you wear a therapist tunic to your courses.
Duration: 20 weeks
Qualification Requirements: As on a fast track training programme student is required to complete home study assignments and it is essential to work on clients in a realistic salon environment. While you are on Qualifi training with us we do offer volunteer work experience for students to gain professional competency.
Unlike other institutes we offer completely interest free instalment plan, there is only one payable fee which can be spread into monthly instalments. Minimum 25% deposit required to hold your place.
However, full payment must be received before completion of the course.