Course code(s):Qualifi Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Category: Qualifi Hair & Beauty Courses
Part-time / Full-time: Part Time
Kit: (Not included) Material will be provided
Model : Required (check while booking)
To achieve this qualification a learner must successfully complete nine units, all eight mandatory units, and at least one unit from the optional section:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Client consultation
- Manicure treatments
- Pedicure treatments
- Waxing treatments
- Facial skincare treatments
- Lash and brow treatments
- Makeup techniques
- UV Gel nail services
- Basic business support
- Advise on products and services
- Freelance worker
- Promotional activities
- Threading treatments
- Anatomy and physiology – learners will know the structure and function of the human body and understand the pathologies and their relation to relative and absolute contraindications to treatment.
- Health, safety and hygiene – learners will be able to apply their knowledge and understanding of health, safety and hygiene when preparing for and providing services/treatments in a real or realistic working environment.
- Client consultation – underpins all the practical technical units within this qualification. Learners will be able to conduct a concise consultation to determine the most appropriate service/treatment to meet the client’s needs and achieve the desired outcome/s.
- Manicure treatments – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to use manicure techniques, tools and products safely and effectively to improve the appearance of the client’s hands and nails.
- Pedicure treatments – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to use pedicure techniques, tools and products safely and effectively to improve the appearance of the client’s feet and toenails.
- Waxing treatments – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to use waxing techniques, products and equipment safely and effectively to remove superfluous hair.
- Facial skincare treatments – learners will be able to improve and maintain the health and appearance of client’s facial skin. They will understand how to use products, equipment and techniques to personalise treatment to suit the client’s skin type, condition and treatment objectives.
- Lash and brow treatments – learners will be able to use techniques, products and tools to enhance the eyelashes and eyebrows safely and effectively, through lash and brow tinting, eyebrow shaping and the application of cluster lashes.
- Makeup techniques – learners will be able to use makeup tools, techniques, products and strip lash accessories to correct and enhance the client’s facial features, taking into consideration the purpose for the makeup – for day, evening or a special occasion and the lighting the make-up will be worn in.
- UV Gel nail services – gel nail products provide an increasingly popular nail finish. Learners will be able to provide a UV cured gel nail polish service to improve the appearance of the client’s nails.
- Basic business support – learners will be able to provide carry out duties relating to reception, selling, stock taking and allied tasks for smooth running of the business and to support customer satisfaction.
- Advise on products and services – learners will know how to promote, advise and instruct on products
and services, for client loyalty and satisfaction and to contribute to business success.
- Freelance worker – learners will know the basics required to set up as a freelance stylist, therapist, nail
technician etc. including planning and managing time, marketing, legal and financial considerations.
- Promotional activities – learners will know how to effectively plan, implement and evaluate
promotional activities such as demonstrations and presentations including using social media.
- Threading treatments – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to perform safe and effective removal of unwanted hair using threading techniques
What do I need to bring with me to the course?
You don’t need to bring anything – we will provide all of your training equipment for you. You can buy the full range of products used on your course for each treatment from subscribed seller.
We ask that you wear a therapist tunic to your courses.
Duration: 20 weeks
Qualification Requirements: As on a fast track training programme student is required to complete home study assignments and it is essential to work on clients in a realistic salon environment. While you are on Qualifi training with us we do offer volunteer work experience for students to gain professional competency.
Unlike other institutes we offer completely interest free instalment plan, there is only one payable fee which can be spread into monthly instalments. Minimum 25% deposit required to hold your place.
However, full payment must be received before completion of the course.