Reflexology is an alternative medicine method involving the practice of massaging or applying pressure to parts of the feet with the goal of encouraging a beneficial effect on other parts of the body, or to improve general health.
Reflexology is one of the fastest growing holistic therapies now gaining worldwide acceptance.
It is based on the scientific principle that every organ in the body is reflected in certain reflexes in the feet. The feet are a microcosm of the human body. By manipulating the reflex areas on the feet, energy congestion in the body is released. Correct stimulation of the feet reflexes, while the client is relaxed, improves the energy flow and the blood supply. This results in an overall feeling of well-being and this enables the body to function efficiently. Reflexology is a completely safe, natural aid to restoring the body's healthy balance.
As a reflexologist, you would work with clients to treat a variety of conditions, including stress, sleep disorders, sports injuries and chronic back pain. Your work would involve:
Reflexology Course Content
- History of Relexology
- What is Reflexology
- Divisions of feet and areas of the body
- Reactions to Reflexology
- Basic Reflexology techniques
- Relaxation techniques
- explaining the treatment to the client
- taking a medical history, covering issues such as health, diet and lifestyle
- examining client’s feet / hands for possible ‘blockages’ and problem areas
- applying pressure with the thumb and fingers to the client’s feet and hands
- keeping treatment records
- referring clients to their GP, if necessary.
||10.30 to 4.30pm Weekdays or 11.00-5pm Weekends
What will I receive when I complete the course?
Once you successfully complete the reflexology training course you will receive The Fami Institute Diploma. This will enable you to obtain public liabiliy insurance.
PROFESSIONAL BODY INFORMATION
Our Beauty Courses are recognised & accredited with the following Professional Bodies:
The GPBT (The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists) also offer insurance cover.